Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rebuttal To Obama’s Insults

This is a bit of a departure from my normal blog about stocks. The stock indices are all in Bernanke’s hands anyway but there is something more important that I want to discuss. Please indulge me.
“Somebody else invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen” - Barack Obama  
There - he said it in public. I find Mr. Obama’s statement highly offensive, grotesquely insulting, pathetically moronic, and dripping with fascism. Although, I am not surprised in any way. I own not one but two businesses. I feel compelled to speak out. As our third President, Thomas Jefferson, once implored, I also feel a duty to try to change a government that no longer represents me. What follows is my rebuttal. 
I alone conceived the ideas for my businesses. I put my education to work. I relied on my intelligence to bring my businesses to life. I put my money into my businesses. I accepted all the risks. I accepted the prospects of failure. 
I get up everyday and go to work. I work hard and I put all my energy into my companies. I lie awake a night wondering if I have made the right decisions. Yes, for better or worse, I have built my businesses. And at the end of the day, somehow God gave me the courage to try.
And now, after another hard day that every business owner puts in, I have to sit back and listen to some pompous, ridiculous, bureaucratic product-of-the-system that depends on the taxation power of subservient citizens lecture me that my efforts would be fruitless without the aide of government. Really?
Actually, Mr. Obama, I believe that I have succeeded in spite of government interference. I must navigate 72,536 pages of tax regulations, 2,319 pages of financial regulation, 2,074 pages of the coming health care tax, and an endless morass of federal, state, and local regulations just to form and operate a business. But to claim I didn’t get here on my own? 
No, Mr. Obama, I didn’t. As you say, somebody built those roads and bridges to enable my businesses to thrive. And this is where the real insult lies. 
By the grace of God, I had a mother and a father who stayed together to raise me and by brother. My parents got up every day and went to work. I watched my parents go to work when they didn’t feel like it. I watched them go to work sick. I watched them go to work braving bad weather. I watched them collapse from exhaustion. I watched them pay taxes that went to pave roads and build bridges. I watched them pay taxes that paid for schools and teachers. My parents sent my brother and I to college and they paid every dime. My parents instilled in me a sense of self-reliance so that I would not drift through life in some meaningless bureaucratic job void of productivity and totally reliant on taxation of the productive for existence. 
No, I didn’t get here alone. My parents were there for me and they paid for the roads and bridges on which I now travel. They also paid for the roads and bridges on which the bureaucrats now travel on their way to their office so they can find ways to extract more money from me and my businesses through fees and taxes. To say that government is really the responsible party for the existence of my businesses is a most egregious insult to my parents. I take great offense to this profane remark!!
A friend of mine immigrated from Greece to America in the early 1970’s. He knew zero english and he had $16 dollars in his pocket. To make a long story short, he learned to speak english, he started a business, and now owns several in our area. He left his native country of Greece to get away from a government that thought it to be responsible for building everyone’s business. Was my friend right? How has Greece faired with its social welfare philosophy? Will four more years of Obama’s rule exterminate America? 
The term ‘American‘ should not really apply to someone that is a citizen of the United States. Americans want freedom and opportunity. Nothing more. To have someone from Washington, DC belittle us for entrepreneurism, disrespect us for our courage, insult us for our efforts, and completely disregard our parents‘ contributions is perhaps the lowest point in American history. Mr. Obama, you should hang your fascist head in shame. You have certainly prompted Americans that get up and go to work every day to hang their head in shame for doing so.    
Perhaps Americans should show solidarity to protest this remark of insolence. Since our government has turned its back on us, we should reciprocate. I suggest the following. The date is Friday, July 27. The time is high noon. Wherever we are, we should find the direction of Washington, DC, rise to attention, and turn our backs to the capital for three minutes in silent protest. Pass it on. That’s my plan. Hopefully I can restrain myself from the urge to drop my trousers and offer a full moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment